INSTALLATION OF 132/33/11 KV ELECTRICAL SUB-STATIONS (ERBIL&DUHOK)
A contract was finalized and signed with the ministry of electricity (ME) in Kurdistan regional government ( KRG) to supply &install several electrical substations in the governorates of Erbil & Duhok ( phase 4) with a total cost 85,761,767 USD to be completed within a period of 18 months . Accordingly KAR Company initiated this project and started a complete task for engineering, supply, procurement, installation, testing and operation of 8 stations which were achieved with a high quality standard by the full efforts of Kar technical staff and in cooperation with other supporting KAR Company.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
The project consisted of preparing the engineering design and supply and procurement, installation, testing, operation of the high & low voltage equipment as indicated below:
Civil engineering works (design and construction) directly by Kar technical employees.
Safety measures-all safety requirements as per international standards were adopted and successfully conducted without any single injury to any worker.
KAR Company made agreements with best rated manufacturers of these sophisticated equipment to deliver these equipment, including:
- Siemens (Italy) –supply of 132/33/11Kv transformers
- Siemens (Germany) –supply of high voltage equipment 132kv
- Schnieder (France) - supply of medium voltage equipment 33/11kv
- ABB (Italy) supply of 33/11kv transformers
- AEG –supply of charging equipment
- Schnieder-supply of low voltage equipment
- Siemens –supply of control and protection equipment
It is worth to mention that all the work was achieved with a high capability and efficiency depending on the local technical staff of KAR Company and these stations were put into service since Nov. 2011.
INSTALLATION OF DUHOK POWER SUBSTATION 132 KV (STAGE6)
A contract was signed with ME /KRG to install and rehabilitate 8 electrical stations in Duhok Governorate with a total cost 76,440,533 USD within a period of 18 months.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
The project consists of preparing the engineering design and supply and procurement, installation, testing, operation of the high & medium voltage equipment and safety and protection apparatus .the actual work started in 2/5/2012 and the project is in the preliminary stages of execution as indicated below:
- Civil engineering works (design and construction) directly by KAR technical employees.
- Safety measures-all safety requirements as per international standards are & will be adopted throughout the project and will successfully be conducted so that no single injury to any worker will happen.
KAR Company made agreements with best rated manufacturers of these sophisticated equipment to deliver these equipment as follows:
- Alstom (France)-design and supply of high voltage equipment of type (AIS/GIS)/132 KV and all other corresponding equipment required.
- Alstom (Germany)-supply of transformers 132/32/11kv.
- Schnieder (France)-design and supply of medium voltage equipment 33/11 kv. KAR Company anticipates that all the work will be carried out by the self-personal staff with the aid of Schnieder (France).
INSTALLATION OF ERBIL CENTRAL POWER SUBSTATION 400/33KV
KAR Company was assigned the project of installation of the 1st electrical substation of the capacity 400/33kv in Erbil, and immediately KAR contacted the world wide known suppliers to perform the design and supply of this station .these manufacturers included the following:
- ABB (Sweden)- design & supply of high ,extreme –high &medium voltage equipment
- ABB (Germany)-design & supply of control and protection equipment
- CG (Belgium)-design & supply of power transformers 400/132/11kv.
This project is currently progressing as per planned time schedule.